Calendar » APRIL 2015
- Ashland High School Sports Schedule
- Northland College Sports Schedule
- Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center. Lots to do and see at the Center. Walking trail, exhibits and scenic observation tower. Check out their website for a complete schedule of events and happenings for the whole family.
- Vaughn Public Library - It’s not just books anymore. Check out their website for a complete schedule of events and happenings for the whole family.
- April on Tuesdays & Thursdays: Chequamegon Volleyball Club, at the Bretting Center, 400 W. 4th Ave. Grades K-3 from 4pm-5:30pm, grades 4-6 from 5:30pm-7pm. Find registration form in The Evergreen Country Shopper, or call 715-556-5931.
- For the month of April, Salmagundi, 705 Main Street West, will showcase art in their store from Anne Noel, Northland College Senior Solo Show. Reception TBD. 715-209-2602.
- For the Month of April, Washburn Cultural Center presents Washburn School District’s pre-K thru 12th grade art exhibit at the Washburn Cultural Center, 1 E. Bayfield St., Washburn. 715-373-5591.
Washburn Ducks Unlimited Banquet at The Steak Pit, 125 Harbor View Dr., Washburn, at 5:30pm. For more information, call 715-779-3639, or 715-292-2178.
Ashland Easter Egg Hunt on the Courthouse lawn in downtown Ashland. Starts at 11am. Ages 2-6. For more information, call 715-682-2500.
Glidden Easter Egg Hunt at Historic Marion Park.
Cocktails & Culture: “The Danger of a Vineyard Romance” with Erica Hannickel at The Spot, 116 N 14th Ave E., 7pm-8pm. For more information, click here.
Ashland Middle School Musical “Mulan Jr.” in the Ashland High School Auditorium, 1900 Beaser Ave. Showtimes: Friday and Saturday, 7pm; Sunday matinee, 2pm. For more information, call 715-682-7087 ex 2130.
Dweebs Family Night at the Bay Area Civic Center, 320 W. 4th Ave., from 4pm-9pm. This dance will be structured in a way to invite individuals and families to gather together and have an evening of fun, music and dance. Festivities will start at 4pm. There will be a carnival from 4pm-6pm, clowns for entertainment, balloon tying, face painting and various games. The adults can join in, mingle and view the wonderful raffle and silent auction items. At 6pm, you can begin to dance and sing the night away to The Dweebs. Partial proceeds are going to the Chequamegon Humane Association this year. Tickets will be available at the Ashland Chamber office and at the New England Store soon. For more information and fees, call 715-682-4674.
Chequamegon Symphony’s “Choral Music of Brahms and Beethoven” at Presbyterian-Congregational Church, 214 Vaughn Ave., at 7:30pm. Call 715-682-0446.
Spring for Faith In Action Fundraiser Pizza Buffet, from 4pm-8pm at The Alley, 808 W. Main St. All-You-Can-Eat Buffet: pizza, pasta, chicken wings & salad. Basket raffles with a variety of great items; need not be present to win. For more information and fees, call 715-682-4414 ex 3.
“Taste,” A Beer and Wine Sampling Event, from 5pm-7pm in the Conference Center at WITC, 2100 Beaser Ave. Tickets are available at the Ashland Chamber office, Northern State Bank and Star Liquor. For more information and fees, call 715-682-4591 ex.3113.
Chequamegon Area Choir Spring Pops Concerts – Celebrating Michael Powers’ 20 years as director, “20/20 Vision,” at 7:30pm at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, 311 W. 13th St. Music Director: Michael Powers. Accompanist: Susan Grube. Admission: Adults – $7 / Seniors & Students – $5 / Children 10 & under – FREE. www.cacvoices.com www.facebook.com/cacvoices
WJJH Spring Home & Sport Show at Bay Area Civic Center, 320 W. 4th Ave. Hours are Friday from 6pm-9pm, Saturday from 10am-6pm, and Sunday from 10am-3pm. For more information, call 715-682-2727.
Join the world and the City of Ashland at 10am at H. Pearson Plaza in celebrating Earth Day by cleaning up the Waterfront Trail, 5th Street Corridor and various City Parks. The first 50 people will receive a complimentary Earth Day T-shirt. Rain/Snow Date: May 16. Gloves, bags, and refreshments will be provided. For more information, call 715-682-7059.
“Writing Home Series” at The Spot, 116 14th Ave. E., Julie Buckles, author of “Paddling to Winter” & contributor to WPR’s “Wisconsin Life” will talk about the real-life characters that shaped her Wisconsin life and how they continue to insert themselves into her writing. Dinner with the author with purchase of a ticket: 5:30pm-7pm. Presentation: 7:30pm-8:30pm. (Presentation is free & open to the public.) For more information, call 715-292-6556 or http://spotwellness.com/events.
Ashland High School Jr. Prom in the AHS Gymnasium, 1900 Beaser Ave. Grand March is open to the public at 8:30pm. For more information, call 715-682-7089.
Chequamegon Area Choir Spring Pops Concert – Celebrating Michael Powers’ 20 years as director, “20/20 Vision,” at 4pm at Saint Louis Catholic Church, 713 Washington Ave., Washburn. Music Director: Michael Powers. Accompanist: Susan Grube. Admission: Adults – $7 / Seniors & Students – $5 / Children 10 & under: FREE. www.cacvoices.com www.facebook.com/cacvoices
Chequamegon Theatre Association presents “And Then There Were None” at the Rinehart Theatre, 210 5th Ave E. Tickets available at Moore’s Army Navy Store, 505 W. Main St., Ashland, 715-682-4393. For more information, call 715-682-5554 or visit www.ctatheatre.org.
Ashland Gun and Knife Show at Bay Area Civic Center, 320 W. 4th Ave. Show hours are Friday from 4pm-8pm, Saturday from 9am-4pm, and Sunday from 9am-3pm. Guns on display and for sale. For more information, call 715-682-2221.
- 04/24-25/2015 and 05/01-02/2015
Ashland School of Dance Spring Recital will be held at the Ashland High School Auditorium at 6pm. Tickets available at the dance studio, 511 1/2 W. Main St. For more information and tickets, call 715-292-3567 or visit site.ashlandschoolofdance.info.
2nd Annual Ashland Women’s 6-Person Partner Team Pool Tournament. This pool tournament will be held at multiple bars in Ashland and will start at 9:30am. For more information and to sign up, call 715-682-4870.
Ashland Chamber Music Society presents “Josh Aerie Trio” at the Presbyterian-Congregational Church, 214 Vaughn Ave., at 7:30pm. For more information and fees, call 715-682-5795.
Mellen’s Annual “Roly-Poly Contest” at Morse Town Hall, 402 2nd Ave., Mellen. Judging starts at 2pm, dinner at 4pm. For more information and fees, call 715-274-2330.
Richie Yurkovich & Polkarioty will headline the Faith In Action Benefit Concert! Hosted by Faith In Action-Ashland County at the Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center from 1pm -4pm. A $7 donation will be taken at the door. Delicious hot beef sandwiches, along with coleslaw, chips, and homemade desserts will be sold starting at 12:30pm for the lunch crowd and continue through the afternoon. The toe-tapping will start at 1pm. The concert will feature Richie Yurkovich and Polkarioty and their exciting blend of polka, waltz, country, and cajun music played with energy and enthusiasm. These musicians are guaranteed to put on a show for all to enjoy. So break out of your cabin fever and support a great program by attending the Faith In Action Benefit Concert. For more information, call 682-4414, ext. 3, or email: email@example.com.
Annual Girls’ Night Out, “Spring Fever,” fun shopping in beautiful historic downtown Ashland, from 4pm-7pm. Great deals and fun, register to win a great prize as well! For more information, call 715-682-2500.
- TBD Annual Pancake & Sausage Breakfast and Bake Sale, Sanborn Methodist Church, 113 E. 11th Ave., at 8am. For more information, call 715-278-3955.
- TBD Chequamegon Humane Association Annual Rummage Sale. Turn your trash into someone else’s treasures. Looking for gently used items to be donated to CHA for this event. For more information, call 715-682-9744, or visit www.chaadopt.org.
- TBD Outpost Spring Gear Swap & Sale at The Outpost at Northland College, 1411 Ellis Ave., from 10am-5pm. For more information, call 715-682-1265.
- TBD The Easter Bunny will be at the Ashland Walgreens, 110 W. Lake Shore Dr., from 10am-2pm. Hop on by and get your picture taken with the Easter Bunny! For more information, call 715-685-0202.
- TBD Spring Style Show hosted by Good Thyme, 77180 Hwy. 13, Washburn, from 6pm-8pm. Upcycled fashions by Eclectik, Our Ladies of Perpetual Sales, Shabby Shop, and ENCORE Resale Store. For more information and tickets, call 715-292-4940.
- TBD 5th Quarter Bar’s 1st Annual Relay for Life 80′s Party, sponsored by Team Cheeseheads, 301 E. Main St. Dress up in your best 80′s fashion and drop by at any time and dance the night away. There will be 80′s trivia, prizes, 50/50 raffles & boards, drink chips, and live music by Foreign Object at 9:30pm. For more information, call 715-292-8056, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TBD VFW Pancake Feed at the American Legion Hall, 220 E. Main St., from 7am-1pm. For more information or to volunteer, call 715-682-5955.
- TBD Ashland Elks Lodge 137 & American Legion Post 90 Annual Ann Moran Star-Spangled Banner Music Scholarship. At the Presbyterian-Congregational Church, 214 Vaughn Ave., at 1pm. Open for public viewing, participants from grades 9-12. Pre-registration is preferred but not required. For more information or to pre-register, call 715-682-4329, 715-682-5365, or 715-373-5360.