- Bretting Community Center – “Goes out of their way to make people with disabilities feel welcome and part of their activities,” according to Jennifer Felty, Executive Director, New Horizons – Ashland.
- Central Railyard Park is completely accessible offering restrooms and playground and blacktop trail through the park.
- Howard Pearson Plaza Park offering accessibility from Historic Downtown Ashland through the tunnel to the lakefront. Handicapped-accessible restrooms.
- Bayview Park Pavilion and Playground – Handicapped-accessible and restrooms.
- Apostle Islands Cruise Service – Has a boat that is handicapped-accessible on the lower deck.
- Ashland Historical Museum – Completely handicapped-accessible.
- Big Top Chautauqua – Handicapped seating and a golf cart that drives around and picks people up from their car.
- Madeline Island Ferry – All the boats are handicapped-accessible.
- BART Bus – Handicapped-accessible transportation.
- Ashland Marina – Breakwall – fishing.
- Chequamegon Health & Fitness Center – 419 Chapple Ave. – Helping people with disabilities with reduced membership fees.
Get the Guide