Breakwater Lighthouse

Share

Built in 1915,  Ashland Breakwater Lighthouse is located at the end of a long and detached breakwater, which creates an artificial harbor. The tower shape is cylindrical, with a watch room on a hexagonal pyramid tower. It’s makings are white walls with red cap on the lantern. The white light flashes every 6 seconds. The Ashland Breakwater Lighthouse is a rare example of the use of reinforced concrete for lighthouses.

Wisconsin’s Coastal Lighthouse Tour

« Back to list