- Chequamegon Bay Golf Club: Open! Carts are allowed. There are a few COVID-19 guidelines you need to know please check our Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/cbaygolf/ We will post more via Facebook, website and emails. If you have any questions, please contact the Pro Shop at 715-682-8004.
- Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center-Due to COVID-19 the Center is closed but are still doing some activities. Please check out their Facebook Page.
- Vaughn Public Library – For hours and information go to https://www.vaughnlibrary.org/about-us/covid-19 715-682-7060. Check out Storytime with Kathy on their Facebook page.
- Looking for something to do and social distance?…
Follow the Mural Brick Road … in the county of the land of Ashland.
A fun scavenger hunt with the beautiful murals in Ashland County!
- Saturdays Mid-June thru mid-October: Ashland Area Farmer’s Market, Saturdays, 8am-12pm, on Chapple Ave, in front of Black Cat and Ashland Baking Company, with modified rules and regulations in place to keep us all safe and healthy. Check them out on Facebook or visit www.ashlandareafarmersmarket.com.
- Saturdays, end of May through August – Stock Car Races at ABC Raceway, 2187 Butterworth Rd., at 7pm. For more information, call 715-682-4990, or visit http://www.abcraceway.com/.
- Bay City Cycles ….We have officially announced our 2021 Casual Group Ride, We will start casual group rides again when it is consistently 50 degrees after 6pm! We may start the year still socially distanced (aka you ride on your own), but will try to transition to spread out in-person group rides in a few months. We will be looking for people to help lead the rides to give our staff a break every few weeks from working a weeknight, so if you might be interested in being a ride leader, reach out! Check our Casual Group Ride at Bay City Cycles Facebook group for weekly updates. Weekly ride maps posted on https://baycitycycles.com/events/. Thank you for the support! I hope you guys can give our new socially distanced casual group ride a chance!
- Ashland Parks and Rec.715-682-7059. Activities will be starting in July for the kids. Baseball, Tball, Little Girls Softball, Gymnastics, Summer Camps, Clinics, Tennis, Pickleball and Rec & Read in the Park. Here is a link to their brochure https://ashlandparks.org/docs/2020.summer.brochure.3.pdf
- Recreation and Fitness Resources Bayfield 715-779-5408. For more information go to https://www.recreationandfitnessresources.org/
2021 Events will be posted as soon as we know they are taking place.
- 07/04/2021 Ashland’s 4th of July Celebration:
Fireworks – more information to come.
Celebration of Life for Ellen Hodgson at the Stagecoach Bar & Grill, 315 Main Street East, 3pm. 2 bands, food, 50/50 raffle to benefit a scholarship for an AHS student entering the medical field
ABC Raceway Kids Bike Races presented by Chicago Iron & Supplies: Raceway located at 2187 Butterworth Road. Regular season races on Saturday night. Hot Laps- 6:15pm. Racing- 7pm. Grandstand opens at 5pm. For more information, go to www.abcraceway.com.
The 77th Ashland Shortstop at the Chequamegon Bay Golf Club, 3000 Golf Course Rd, Ashland. For more information, call 715-682-8004.
Bay Days on Main Street! Arts and crafts, food booths, Petting Zoo, pony & camel rides, strongman contest, pie eating contest, fun run and other family fun. For more information, call 715-682-2500 and visit www.ashlandbaydays.com.
Bay Days 1-mike, 5K & 10K Fun Run, Information coming soon. For more information, call 715-682-2500 and visit www.ashlandbaydays.com.
ABC Raceway Hall of Fame Night presented by Zars Bar & Banquet Hall: Raceway located at 2187 Butterworth Road. Regular season races on Saturday night. Hot Laps- 6:15pm. Racing- 7pm. Grandstand opens at 5pm. For more information, go to www.abcraceway.com.
Taylormade Golf Fit Day, Chequamegon Bay Golf Club, 3000 Golf Course Rd, Ashland. For more information, call 715-682-8004.
Washburn Community Block Party. This year’s theme is Come live the spirit of Washburn. For more information, call 715-373-5017 or check out their Facebook Page.
11th Annual North Coast Car Show, at The Washburn Inn, 130 Harbor View Dr., Washburn. Registration from 9am-12noon. Trophy presentation and door prizes at 3pm. Live music from the “Whitecaps” from 9am-3pm. Chance to win one of three cash prizes. For more information and registration, call, 715-373-2030, or 715-373-5725.
ABC Raceway NCI Racing for a Reason with Northern Renegade Sprints: Raceway located at 2187 Butterworth Road. Regular season races on Saturday night. Hot Laps- 6:15pm. Racing- 7pm. Grandstand opens at 5pm. For more information, go to www.abcraceway.com.
Penokee Mountain Bike Road Race and Tour, hosted by the Mellen Area Chamber of Commerce. Registration: 7:30-9:30am. Race start: 9:30am. Pre-race fee: $30.00 Race day: $35.00. Forty-seven miles of scenic highway traversing rolling hills and flat terrain. Awards given: 1st place overall for men and women; 1st-3rd given for age groups in 5-year increments. Treats for all riders at the end of the race. 715-274-2330. www.mellenwi.com.
11th Annual Jack O’Brien Memorial Charity Golf Tournament starting at 11am at the Chequamegon Bay Golf Course, 3000 Golf Course Rd. Proceeds will benefit Faith in Action-Ashland County, BRICK Ministries. All skill levels welcome! After party at the Stagecoach Bar & Grill starting at 6pm. For more information please contact 715-682-8004 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
ABC Raceway Fast Lane Northern Super Stock Series: Raceway located at 2187 Butterworth Road. Regular season races on Saturday night. Hot Laps- 6:15pm. Racing- 7pm. Grandstand opens at 5pm. For more information, go to www.abcraceway.com.
MMA Fights at the Bay Area Civic Center, starting at 6pm. For more information call 715-682-2221.
Below are the events from 2020
Cancelled – 41st Annual Red Cliff Traditional Pow Wow, 36750 St Hwy 13N in Red Cliff. Open to the public. For more information, call 715-779-3700 or http://redcliff-nsn.gov/Tourism/powwow.htm
Ashland Science on Tap hosts Benjamin Clarke, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Biomedical Sciences University of Minnesota Medical School, Duluth
with “Biology of Black Legged Ticks and Lyme Disease,” at 6:30pm at The Alley, 808 W. Main St. For more information, call 715-682-4200 or visit www.ashlandscience.org.