07/04/2020 Ashland’s 4th of July Celebration:
- Happy Birthday America Motorcycle Flag Run by the American Legion Riders Wisconsin District 11. They will be meeting at the Neighborly Bar at 10am. Starting ride through Ashland on Main Street going west to Stuntz Ave at 10:30am. The ride is open to any veterans with motorcycles. After the ride through Ashland, if you are interested you can continue on to the American Legion Post 487 in Cable where they are having a cookout.
- Celebrations Incorporated was told the Fly over will take place in the morning but haven’t been informed of a time. Typically, it is between 11am and 12pm -They may be flying over Hwy 2 instead of Main Street this year. Will keep you posted once we hear of a confirmed time and place!!
- United Presbyterian Congregational Church will be playing This is My Country America and Battle Hymn of the Republic through their Carillon outside the church. People are welcome to listen for the sounds from 12noon – 1pm and receive a free freezy pop for the kids! Drive up in your cars so they can bring them to you. Staying safe, while still having a little bit of fun. Than at 6pm they will play 2 song on the carillon, no freezy pops.
- Fire run at 9:30pm on Historic Main Street.
- Fireworks display over Chequamegon Bay at approx. 10pm, from the C. Reiss Coal Dock across from the Plaza Park/Post Office/Ashland City Hall.
Please social distance along the highway. There is many locations that will give you a great view of the fireworks.
Cancelled – Parade and Ashland Historical Society Museum Cemetery Walk from 2-4pm at Mt Hope Cemetery. In case of rain-at Our Lady of the Lake Social Hall.