What’s Happening this Week!
Here is a list of activities that are happening this week in the Chequamegon Bay Area:
Now – March 20:
- Superior Framing, 419 Main Street West, Spring Fling Framing Sale. 715-682-4625.
- Auditions for “Arsenic and Old Lace,” presented by the StageNorth Groundlings, 7-9pm, at the StageNorth Theater, 123 Omaha St W., Washburn. For more information, visit www.thegroundlings.org.
March 16-April 10:
- Northwest Wisconsin Workforce Investment Board Construction Foundations Class Community Auction. All the items in this auction were built by students in the Construction Foundations course. These students are learning new skills and hope find a new career in construction. All proceeds will be applied to the next Construction Foundations course so that we can continue to offer this valuable training in the region. To make a difference, please bid on auction items, give a cash donation, or simply share this auction on your social media using the hashtags, #charityauction and #nwwib Go to https://www.charityauctionstoday.com/auctions/NWWIB-10427 to place your bid. Any questions contack Mari Kay-Nabozny at 715-682-9141 X 101.
- Bad River Lodge & Casino presents, St. Patrick’s Kiosk, 8am-11:45pm, Win rewards play! For more information, call 715-682-7121.
- Zoo Mobile – Nocturnal Animals, 11am and 12pm at the Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center. Discover why some animals stay away at night and what adaptations they have to help them survive. Sponsored in part by Lanny and Judy Neider and the Friends of the Center. For more information, call 715-685-9983.
- St. Patricks Day Buffet at Bad River Lodge & Casino, Manomin Restaurant, 11am-5pm. No reservations required, $11.99 plus tax. For more information, call 715-682-7121. badriver.com
- Vaughn Public Library presents, Teen Book Club, 4pm. For more information, call 715-682-7060.
- O’Ronnings Neighborly Bar St. Patrick’s Day. Green Beer, corned beef and shenanigans. 1301 Main Street West, 715-682-9908.
- Ashland Science on Tap featuring Trish Bachmeier and Tom Fitz, PhD. “An investigation of the Mineral and Rock Composition of Glacial Deposits in Ashland County, Wisconsin.” 6:30pm at the Alley. Come hear stories of the ground beneath our feet, told with enthusiasm by these dynamos of geoscience. For more information, visit ashlandscience.org.
- OLL Bingo! Doors open at 5:30pm. Bingo starts at 7pm. Prizes, Raffles and Big fun! Progressive Blackout!!! For more information, call 715-682-7620.
- Chequamegon Food Co-op presents Class-Arthritis-Herbs and Homeopathic Remedies, Instructor: Dr. Kristi Kiel, Naturopathic Doctor, Cost: Free – but call to reserve your spot! Call 715-682-8251 to register TODAY! Registration Deadline: Monday, March 16, CLASS – Herbs and homeopathic remedies are safe and effective treatments for arthritis. Dr. Kiel will discuss how natural treatments can help. Bring your questions for this discussion-style presentation. For more information, call 715-682-8251.
- The Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center presents Enercept Building
4- 6pm in the Theater. This is a free educational presentation hosted by Enercept Buildings. The event is open to the public to inform those interested in structured insulated panels for energy efficient homes. Hosted by Enercept Building. For more information contact 715-685-9983.
- Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center presents, Solar 2020- What solar PV could look like in 2020 for Northern Wisconsin, 6-8pm in the Theater. This is a free educational presentation hosted by Carlson Electric LLC. The event is open to the public to inform those interested what Solar PV could look like in 2020 for the CheqBay Area and beyond. Danielle Kelly, consultant who managed the 2018 & 2019 CBR Group Buys, will be speaking and continuing to promote solar in the area. Presentation will be about an hour long with time for questions and conversation. Hosted by Carlson Electric. For more information, call 715-685-9983. nglvc.org
- Legendary idol Karaoke Contest, Preliminary Audition #2 at Legendary Waters Resort & Casino, Red Cliff in the Lounge. Registration 8pm, Auditions 10pm. The judges will select 5 performers to advance to Semi-Final which will be held April 15. For more information, call 800-226-8478.
- Lil Red Spring Open House. For more information, call 715-292-5185.
- Red Bicycle Spring Open House. For more information, call 715-685-4114.
- 3rd THURSDAY!!!!!! Downtown Retail Business will be open until 7pm on the 3rd THURSDAY of every month, with specials. March Madness FREEZER Giveaway! Bargains!! Fun!! An evening of shopping! For more information call 715-682-2500 or visit www.visitashland.com.
- Chequamegon Food Co-op presents, Community Meal with Copper Pasty, 4-7pm. Cost: $5 per person. Copper Pasty will be IN THE HOUSE! We’ll be serving up these delicious pasty’s for our Spring Community Meal. Copper Pasty’s are flaky, delicate and stuffed with vegetables and gravy. If you haven’t tried the Copper Pasty yet, come on down, you won’t be disappointed! Plus our deli will accompany the pasty’s with a few made-from-scratch sides. Come on down and try Copper Pasty and enjoy a made from scratch meal for only $5. For more information, call 715-682-8251.
- Gabriele’s German Cookies and Chocolates is having a “Cookie Tasting” from 5-7pm! Come taste the new cookies and see which you like best! The “winners” will be in this years Christmas Cookie Selection. For more information, call 715-682-2114.
- Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center presents, Wisconsin’s Secretive Bobcats, doors open at 6:15, presentation 7-8:30pm in the Theater. Program by Nathan Roberts Bobcats are a success story in Wisconsin and beyond. Once viewed as a varmint, this elusive species is now prized by people ranging from hunters to wildlife photographers. Bobcats are abundant in Wisconsin but are rarely seen due to their secretive nature. Researchers are using innovative ways to learn more about these cryptic animals. Attend this presentation by Nathan Roberts, research scientist for the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, to learn more about bobcat habits, natural history, status and distribution in northern Wisconsin. Sponsored by Friends of North Pikes Creek. For more information, call 715-685-9983. nglvc.org.
- Northland College presents, “World Water Day: Freshwater Plastic Pollution”, at Sigurd Olson Environmental Institute, 1411 Ellis Ave., 7-8:30pm. For more information, call 715-682-1223 or email email@example.com.
- The Groundlings present Shakespeare’s “The Merchant of Venice”, at StageNorth Theater, 123 Omaha St. W Washburn. Opening Night: March 13. Thursdays-Saturdays: 7:30pm, Sundays: 2pm. This tragically comic tale will likely bring tears to your eyes, and leave you thinking. Directed by Kristen Sandstrom. Tickets and volunteer opportunities available online, at http://www.thegroundlings.org. For a $2 discount on the ticket price when you purchase online, apply this code: ASHLAND20. For more information, call 715-373-1194, or visit https://app.arts-people.com/index.php?show=101583.
- Bad River Lodge & Casino presents, Spring Begins Kiosk, 8am-11:45pm. Win cash and rewards play! For more information, call 715-682-7121.
- Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center presents, Needle Felt a Loon, 10am-12pm in the MultiPurpose Room. Needle Using hand-dyed wool from our sheep to make your own adorable loon. All supplies are included with the class, and no previous experience is necessary. Great for ages 8 to 108. $40 per person. 10 student cap. Instructor Laura from Erindale Tapestry will be leading this class. $40 Fee. Registration required. Sponsored in part by the Friends of the Center. For more information, call 715-685-9983. nglvc.org.
- Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center presents, Needle Felt Your Favorite Dog, 1-4pm in the MultiPurpose Room. Intermediate level class for returning students from previous classes or those continuing from the morning class, please bring pics of your favorite dog. People have been having so much fun making and ordering mini versions of their pets in Laura’s other classes, so this should be really fun! This class is led by Laura Berlage of Erindale Tapestry Studio. $50. Registration required. Sponsored in part by the Friends of the Center. For more information, call 715-685-9983. nglvc.org.
- Legendary Waters Resort & Casino presents, Cribbage 2020 Series. Registration begins 3pm, play begins 5pm. $40 per team, $100 High Hand. First Place: $750 cash, Second Place: $375 cash, Third Place: $250 cash, Fourth Place: $125 cash. For more information, visit legendarywaters.com.
- Spring Equinox SALE at Solstice & Solstice Outdoors, 20% OFF to celebrate the start of the spring season. 715-292-6561
- Chequamegon Food Co-op presents, Kids in the Kitchen: Breakfast Time! 10am-12pm, Instructor: Rebecca Crumb-Johnson, Registered Dietitian at Memorial Medical Center. Cost: FREE – But reserve your spot. Registration Deadline: March 19. Hands-On–Cooking together can help increase family bonding and what better meal to make together than breakfast? We’ll get your kiddos excited about healthy breakfast options, like smoothies! Then, we’ll eat our creations! Recommended for kids ages 4 and up. Parental supervision required. For more information, call 715-682-8251.
- Music at the Museum chamber music series, at 3pm, at the Ashland Historical Museum, 216 Main Street West. This series features the Museum’s historic 1820’s Chickering piano, brought to Chequamegon Bay by Laura & Martin Beaser. This is the area’s only chamber music series which has a historic instrument as its centerpiece. Musicians will be Andrew McInnes on baroque violin; Neil Paynter playing the historic piano, Dr Tiffany Darling, soprano; and Teresa Rusch, flute. Any questions email GarlandCityConsort@gmail.com or call 715-331-8111.
- OFP: Warrior Games IX Spring Gathering at Legendary Waters Resort & Casino, Red Cliff, 5-9pm. For tickets or more information, visit ticketor.com/ogitchidaafightpromotions.
- Stand Up Comedy at the Bad River Lodge & Casino featuring Marc Yaffee with Opening Act Rob Fairbanks. Doors open at 8pm, show starts at 9pm. For more information, call 715-682-7121. badriver.com.
« Back to event list
- The Knights of Columbus will host an All-You-Can-Eat Pancake and Sausage Breakfast at OLL Social Hall, 201 Lakeshore Drive E., 8-11am, Cost: $6 for adults, $4 for children 5-11, free for children under 5, Proceeds will go to Holy Family (Relevant) Radio. For more information, 715-682-9621.
- Mason Area Historical Society presents, “Spring Brunch” from 9am-1pm at the Benoit Community Center. Serving scrambled eggs & sausages, french toast bake, biscuits, fresh fruit, winebreads, coffee, milk and juice. Adults: $10. Children ages 6-12: $5. Children ages 5 and under are free. Enjoy local history photos! Visit with friends and neighbors! 715-682-4408.