What’s Happening this Week!
Here is a list of activities that are happening this week in the Chequamegon Bay Area:
- 43rd Annual BMO Harris Bank Art Exhibition, 100 E. Main St., in the Community Room downstairs. During lobby hours, 9am-5pm. For more information, call 715-682-3422.
- Economic Update Workshops hosted by Thrivent Financial. Free workshop from 12-1pm. It seems that some financial topic is in the headlines every day. Should those headlines influence your decisions around your financial strategy? Find out how to use this information to make wise decisions about your money. RSVP: Thrivent Financial Superior Shores Team at (715) 685-0605 or email@example.com. Please indicate which date and time you will attend.
- Caribbean Night at the Sandbar! From 4-8pm. Caribbean themed menu, island beats and rum drinks. Call for reservation at 715-685-2583.
- Northland College Men’s Lacrosse vs U of Northwestern. 4pm. 715-682-1243
- Just For Women Expo 2019 at the Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center from 5:30-8pm. Join us for a evening of information and inspiration@ 4:30- Hands Only CPR Training (RSVP to pre-register). 5:30pm- Mix and mingle with MMC Staff, enjoy complimentary hor d’oeuvres and get your health questions answered! Allergies, advanced directives, cancer prevention and treatment, childbirth, diabetes, heart health mammograms, nutrition, physical occupational and speech therapy, joint pain, stress management, stroke prevention, and surgery. 6:30pm- Keynote Speaker, Alexandera Houchin. Seating is limited for this FREE event. RSVP by calling 715-685-5183.
- Aqua Zumba Pool Party at the Bayfield Recreation Center from 6-7pm. With Lynda Warren. Walk In: $10/class. Program Punch Card: $79/10 Program Walk-Ins. The Zumba version of a pool party, Aqua Zumba is a safe, challenging, water-based workout that’s cardio-conditioning, body-toning, and most of all, a ton of fun. For more information, call 715-779-5408 or visit https://www.recreationandfitnessresources.org/bayfield-rec-center.html.
- All Cancer Survivors and Caregivers are invited to the annual reception open house from 4:30-6:30pm. April 10th at the AmericInn in Ashland. This is not a fundraiser, but a free social event with food and beverages provided by area caterers and restaurants. A cancer survivor is anyone who has ever heard the words “You have cancer,” whether it was 20 years ago or last week, whether they are cancer free or undergoing treatments. A caregiver is anyone who has ever assisted someone with cancer. Everyone is welcome. Please call Ann Bochler at 715-746-2127 with any questions.
- Ashland High School Girls Soccer vs Antigo. 5pm. 715-682-7089.
- WITC- Ashland Campus presents “Sip for Scholarships” from 5–7 pm at the WITC-Ashland Conference Center. Sip on delectable wines, craft beer, non-alcoholic beverages and coffee. Enjoy savory appetizers, a silent auction, raffles and games. All proceeds go toward scholarships for WITC-Ashland students! Tickets are $25 in advance, or buy three get one free! For tickets call Robyn Lulich at 715-682-4591, ext. 3113.
- Chequamegon Theatre Association presents “Last Gas” performance, 210 5th Ave E, Ashland. Evening shows at 7:30pm. Sunday Matinees at 2pm. Tickets are available at Moores On Main. For more information, call 715-682-8012 or visit www.ctatheatre.org.
- Ashland High School Girls Soccer vs Hayward 4:30 (V) and 6pm (JV). 715-682-7089.
- Relay For Life & Carnival for a Cure for Ashland/Bayfield Counties inside the Bay Area Civic Center, 320 4th Ave W, 5-9pm. Great food and Raffles. Games for everyone. Bingo 7-9pm. Survivor Celebration at 6:30 with lap. Sign up online now at www.relayforlife.org/ashlandwi. For more information, call 715-746-2127.
- Chequamegon Food Co-op presents, “Gourmet Grilled Cheese” from 5-6:30pm. Instructor: Chef Jonathan Berthel from Penokee Mountain Foods. Cost: $20/$15 owner. Registration deadline: Wednesday, April 10. It’s National Grilled Cheese Day! Go beyond a slab of cheese on some grilled bread. We’ll be exploring ways to elevate your grilled cheese from good to gourmet. For more information, call 715-682-8251 or visit www.chequamegonfoodcoop.com.
- Chequamegon Area Choir presents their 46th annual spring concert, “Sounds for a Better World”, Good Shepard Lutheran Church, 311 13th Street W, Ashland at 7:30pm. Tickets are $7. Students & Seniors: $5. Children 10 and under are free. For more information, visit www.cacvoices.com.
- Legendary Waters Resort and Casino presents live music by, “Silver Eagle” in the Lounge from 7-10pm. For more information, call 800-226-8478 or visit www.legendarywaters.com.
- Legendary Waters Resort and Casino’s Spring Arts & Crafts Sale. Friday April 12th begins at 2pm. Saturday & Sunday April 13 & 14 starts at 10am. Crafts, gifts, and home-baked goods. For more information, call 800-226-8478 or visit www.legendarywaters.com.
- Ashland High School Track Invitational at 10am. 715-682-7089.
- Ashland High School Girls Soccer vs Rice Lake.11am (JV) and 1pm (V). 715-682-7089.
- Northland College Women’s Softball vs Bethany Lutheran College.. 1pm and 3pm (DH). 715-682-1243
- North Coast Cycling Association Weekly Winter Fat Bike Rides, every Saturday afternoon at 1pm. Location is TBA. Like us on Facebook to obtain current information. Must include bikes with tires 3.5″ or wider and studs are recommended. No registration needed. Visitors are welcome. NCCA has extra fat bikes to borrow for free for first time users or for a donation for repeat users. Riders are asked to submit their contact information to John Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 715-209-8169.
- Bad River Lodge and Casino presents live music by, “Final Mix Show Band”. Serving up the latest in R &B, Jazz Fusion, Blues, Hip Hop, Rock & Roll and original material. Doors open at 8pm. Show starts at 9pm. Free admission. For more information, call 715-682-7121 or visit www.badriver.com.
- Ashland High School Jr. Prom in the AHS Gymnasium, 1900 Beaser Ave, from 8-11:55pm. Grand March is open to the public at 8:30pm. For more information, call 715-682-7089.
« Back to event list
- Glidden Turkey Shoot at the VFW Post 7300- VFW Hall. For more information, call 715-663-0174.
- All-You-Can-Eat Pancake/French Toast Breakfast at the Enrichment Center, 400 Chapple Ave., 9am-1pm. Advance tickets are $7 for adults and $3 for children 10 and under. At the door, tickets will be $8 for adults and $4 for children 10 and under. Eat in or take out. Breakfast includes all you can eat pancakes or french toast, sausage, juice and coffee. Proceeds pay the Bargain Hut mortgage. For more information, call 715-682-2776.
- The Annual BMO Harris Bank Artist Reception, 100 E. Main St., 1-2 pm in the Community Room. For more information call 715-682-3422.
- Northland College Women’s Softball vs University MN-Morris. 1pm and 3pm (DH). 715-682-1243
- Chequamegon Food Co-op presents, “Green Your Home” from 1-2:30pm. Instructor: Jennifer Lavasseur, Buzz & Suds. Cost: $20/$15 owner. Registration deadline: Friday, April 12. Green up your home with natural cleaning products. You will learn how to make your own natural cleaning products that are healthier for your family and the environment. Making your own will help you save money and create less waste. Everyone will go home with new recipes and some samples of the cleaning products made in class. For more information, call 715-682-8251 or visit www.chequamegonfoodcoop.com.
- Chequamegon Area Choir presents their 46th annual spring concert, “Sounds for a Better World”, at St. Louis Church, 217 W 7th St, Washburn, at 4pm. Tickets are $7. Students & Seniors: $5. Children 10 and under are free. For more information, visit www.cacvoices.com.