Here is a list of activities that are happening this week in the Chequamegon Bay Area:
- Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center presents, “Zoo Mobile” from 11-11:45pm. For more information, call 715-685-9983 or visit www.nglvc.org.
- Lake Superior Intermediate Winter Program, LS/LC Charter school-12pm, 3rd grade-12:45pm, 4th grade-1:30pm, and 5th grade-2:15pm; 1101 Binsfield Rd, Ashland. For more information, call 715-682-7083.
- Ribbon Cutting and Grand Opening of Cobblestone Inn & Suites, 2-4pm. Ribbon Cutting at 2pm.
- Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center presents, “Spirit of the North Gift Shop Open House” from 5-7pm. Shop at the Spirit of the North Gift Store and take advantage of special deals, refreshments, and find gifts for everyone on your list. We’ll be staying open later this evening for your shopping convenience. For more information, call 715-682-9983 or visit www.nglvc.org.
- BINGO every Tuesday night, 7pm at Our Lady of the Lake Church, 106 n 2nd Ave East. Bingo is open to the public. Excluding Holidays or during the Holy Week. For more information, call 715-682-7620.
- Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center presents, “Snowy Owls with Ryan Brady” from 7-8:30pm at the Theater. Doors open at 4:30pm. Snowy Owls with Ryan Brady, WI DNR. Sponsored by the Chequamegon Audubon Society. For more information, call 715-685-9983 or visit www.nglvc.org.
- WITC – Ashland Alumni Association “Love Lights,” 2100 Beaser Ave., at 6pm. Honorees will be commemorated during a lighting ceremony. Lights will remain lit through early January. Remember a special person or pet with a “Love Light.” Honor your loved ones – deceased, living or serving in the armed services. Purchase a “Love Light” that will adorn the evergreen tree at WITC’s main entrance. $5 per bulb. For more information, call 715-682-4591, ext. 3113.
- McRae True Value, 118 Prentice Avenue, Christmas Tool Show from 8am-6pm. 715-682-9083.
- Lake Superior Primary Winter Program, 4k- 12pm, kindergarten-12:45pm, 1st grade-1:30pm, and 2nd grade-2pm; 1101 Binsfield Rd., Ashland. For more information, call 715-682-7083.
- Holiday Dazzle from 4-6pm at the Bargain Hut, 420 Chapple Ave. Come and shop our most popular clothing sale of the year. Holiday party wear, glitter, sparkles, and velour for both children and adults. Christmas dresses, sweaters, sweatshirts and pjs are all saved for this special night in our store! For more information, call 715-682-2776.
- Regional Hospice Services presents Tree of Life Ceremony- Remember Your Loved One, at 6pm, in the Memorial Medical Center-Stockton Island Room. Submit a favorite photo of your loved one to be shown in a special video remembrance montage during the Tree of Life Ceremony. Photographs may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information call 715-685-5151 between 8am-4pm.
- Ironwood Theatre presents, “The Claudettes” at 7pm. For more information and tickets, visit ironwoodtheatre.net.
- Meet Mr. & Mrs. Claus at the Washburn City Hall. Come for a snack! All children will receive a Christmas package. The tree will be lit at 5:30pm and Santa will be there from 5:45pm-6:30pm. Donations of canned goods and non-perishable items will be accepted for the Area Food Shelf that night. For more information, call the Washburn Chamber at 715-373-5017.
- Brenda Eder’s Annual Toys for Tots at the Office Bar, 407 Main Street West, 6pm. Bring your unwrapped toy for a boy and/or girl to the Office Bar, together we can help bring joy to the children in our community.
- Bay Area Film Society is showing a film at the Bay Theatre at 5pm & 7:30pm. Film is “The Wife”. For more information, visit www.bayareafilmsociety.org.
- Chequamegon Area Choir presents their annual winter concert, “Making Spirits Bright” at Good Shepard Lutheran Church, 311 W 13th St. at 7:30pm. For more information, visit cac-voices.weebly.com.
- 4th Annual Cookie Walk from 9-11am, at Our Lady of the Lake Social Hall. Cookies sold by the pound. $7 per pound.
- 7th Annual The Magic of Christmas Holiday Craft & Vendor Fair, at the Ashland High School, 1900 Beaser Ave, Ashland, from 9am-2pm. Featuring locally handmade gifts and a variety of other vendors. Bring your own camera for pictures with Santa from 12-1pm, lunch at Reindeer Cafe, bake sale at the North Pole Sweet Shop, cash & prize raffles, and door prizes every hour. For more information, call 715-682-7089.
- Christmas Open House, at the Ashland Historical Society Museum, 216 West Main St, from 10am-3pm. Gift Shop specials, refreshments, and much more. For more information, call 715-682-4911.
- Washburn Cultural Center, 1 E. Bayfield St., Washburn, presents “Annual Holiday Boutique”. From 10am -5pm. 715-373-5591.
- Greet Santa as he makes his way to Bayfield on the ferry boat from Madeline Island 11:30am-1pm at the Bayfield Lakeside Pavilion. Children will have the opportunity to meet him, share their wish-list and get their photo taken. Please bring your own camera. Snacks and refreshments will be provided. Free and open to the public. For more information, call 715-779-3335.
- Christmas for Teens Fundraiser 12noon-6pm at the Neighborly Bar. Dinner and Chinese Raffle items. If anyone would like to donate any prizes for the Chinese Raffle contact Kara Neveaux at 715-682-0254 or 715-685-4375.
- White Winter Winery, 68323 Lea St., Iron River, WI, presents “Dickens Christmas Dinner”. A special reading of Charles Dicken’s, A Christmas Carol. Opening Reception at 6pm — Dinner at 6:30pm. Two local actors, Tom Mitchell and Jan Lee breathe life into Charles Dickens classic tale, A Christmas Carol. Guests enjoy a 5 course gourmet dinner paired with White Winter Winery wines and mead. $65.00 single /$110.00 couple. For more information, call 715-372-5656.
- Northland College Holiday Festival at 7:30 in the New Salem Baptist Church. Performing groups are: Northland College Band, Northland College Choir, Chamber Choir, Chequamegon Symphony, The Accidentals, and the Lumberjacks. For more information, visit www.northland.edu.
- Chequamegon Symphony Orchestra presents, “Festival of Music” at 7:30pm. United Presbyterian Congregational Church, 214 Vaughn Ave in Ashland. General Admission- $6, Seniors- $5, Students and children- free. For more information call Linda Calhan at 715-682-0446.
- Legendary Waters Resort and Casino presents, “Green Bay Tailgate Party” at 10am in the Casino Bar Lounge. $7 for 2 tap beers or 2 rail drinks, food and free shots of Apple Pucker with every Packer Touchdown Televised Pro Football Games. (They have the Sunday ticket). For more information, call 800-226-8478 or visit www.legendarywaters.com.
- United Congregational Church of Christ, 117 S West St, presents, “Christmas Musical concert” featuring The Peace Community Choir and The Park Falls Bell Choir at 2pm in Mellen. For more information, call 715-274-2230 or email email@example.com.
- Ironwood Theatre presents, “The Claudettes” at 2pm. For more information and tickets, visit ironwoodtheatre.net.
- Chequamegon Area Choir presents their annual winter concert, “Making Spirits Bright” at St. Louis Catholic Church, 217 W 7th St, Washburn at 4pm. For more information, visit cac-voices.weebly.com.
Month Long Activities November
« Back to event list
- Vaughn Library Activities. Click the link to see all that wonderful things happening at the Library in November! 715-682-7060.
- Northern Great Lake Visitor Center – The Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center helps people connect with the historic, cultural, and natural resources of the Northern Great Lakes Region through customer-based information, services, and educational programs. 715-685-9983.
- November 15-December 15: The Annual Big Bundle Up Campaign Fundraiser, which benefits children being served by the Bad River Zhwenidig Domestic Abuse Program, Bad River Women’s Shelter and the Ashland New Day Shelter. Donate warm, winter children’s brand-new mittens, hats, scarves, boots, snow pants, jackets to the Bad River Lodge and Casino and receive rewards play in return. From 8am-11pm. All items must be brand new with the tag still on them. All donations will go to local shelters. For more information, call 715-682-7121, ext. 1231. www.badriver.com
- November 18-December 22: Legendary Waters Resort & Casino presents, “Holiday Grab Bag Giveaway”. Weekly promotions Sunday-Saturdays. Grab Bag Drawings every Saturday from 6-11pm. Pick a mystery gift bag! 30 bags, 6 winners each week. Plus…FREE Play Card-In Drawings. For more information, call 800-226-8478 or visit legendarywaters.com
- Wednesday Night Open Skating, at the Bay Area Civic Center, 320 W. 4th Ave., from 7pm-9pm. Wednesday night open skating starting November 7. Open to the public for a minimal fee. For more information, call 715-682-2221
- North Coast Cycling Association Weekly Winter Fat Bike Rides, every Saturday afternoon at 1pm. Location is TBA. Like us on Facebook to obtain current information. Must include bikes with tires 3.5″ or wider and studs are recommended. No registration needed. Visitors are welcome. NCCA has extra fat bikes to borrow for free for first time users or for a donation for repeat users. Riders are asked to submit their contact information to John Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 715-209-8169.