Here is a list of activities that are happening this week in the Chequamegon Bay Area:
- Northwest Wisconsin Business Service Team’s Webinar Series presents, “Recruiting Interns to Join Your Business Team” at 11am. To register visit www.nwwib.com.
- Our Lady of the Lake BINGO at 7pm in the Our Lady of the Lake Social Hall. Progressive Black Out. Everyone is invited.
- Bayfield Concerts by the Lake presents Hot Pink Hangover (Alternative Pop Rock), Memorial Park, 15 Front Street, Bayfield, WI 54814, at 7pm, weather permitting. If it rains, it will relocate to the Madeline Island Ferry Terminal on Washington Avenue, Bayfield. These concerts are free and open to the public. Bring your own lawn chair or blankets. For more information, call 715-779-3335, or visit www.bayfield.org.
- Big Top Chautauqua presents “Native American Community Connections Event,” at the tent, 32525 Ski Hill Rd., Bayfield. Free, schedule starts at 3:30pm. For more information, call 715-373-5552, or visit www.bigtop.org.
- Madeline Island Museum presents, “Underwater Marvels: The Fisheries of Lake Superior” from 7-8pm. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cornucopia Summer Concert Series presents live music by, “Hoff Stevens” from 6-9pm. Outside the Cornucopia Sweet Shop. Bring Grandma and the kids and enjoy a summer evening on the grass listening to sweet tunes by local artists. Picnics are welcome! Free family fun!
- Big Top Chautauqua presents “Natalie MacMaster and Donnell Leahy,” at the tent, 32525 Ski Hill Rd., Bayfield, at 7:30pm. For more information, call 715-373-5552, or visit www.bigtop.org
- 3rd Thursday! You know, Thirsty Thursday, Thankful Thursday, Throwback Thursday, and now 3rd THURSDAY!!!!!! Downtown Retail Business will be open until 8pm on the 3rd THURSDAY of every month, with specials. Bargains!! Fun!! An evening of shopping! For more information call 715-682-2500 or visit www.visitashland.com.
- Ashland Chamber Field Day, Golf Tournament. Field Day Registration Form. For more information or to register, call the Ashland Area Chamber of Commerce at 715-682-2500.
- Ashland County Fair, County Fairgrounds, Marengo. Midway rides, races, horse show, truck pull, music, and much more. For more information, call 715-682-3742 or visit www.ashlandcofair.org.
- Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center presents, “Invasive Species I.D. Day”, 29270 Co Hwy G, from 1-4pm. A speaker will be in the theater from 1-2pm talking about the impacts of invasive in the city of Ashland and how they have addressed this issue in parks and lakeshore trail. For more information visit www.nglvc.org or call 715-685-9983.
- Big Top Chautauqua presents “Superior! Songs and Stories of the Big Lake,” at the tent, 32525 Ski Hill Rd., Bayfield, at 7:30pm. For more information, call 715-373-5552, or visit www.bigtop.org
- Movies in the Park will begin at dusk at Plaza Park with the movie “Princess Bride” at 8:30pm. Bring your blankets, lawn chairs and snacks for a relaxing evening in the park. Sponsored by Ashland Area Chamber of Commerce and Ashland Parks and Recreation. For more information, call 715-682-2500.
- Guided Mural Trolley Tours! Fridays & Saturdays at 10am & 1:30pm and Mondays at 1:30pm from June 22-September 8. Sponsored by Ashland Chamber of Commerce and BART. For more information, call 715-682-2500.
- Butternut Community Fair, and cancer awareness event at the Butternut Park, Hwy 13. Crafts, garden entries, baskets, meals, prizes, games, food and fun for the whole family! For more information, email email@example.com or call 715-769-3550. www.butternutwi.com.
- Ashland Farmers Market, 8am-12noon, 5th Ave West and Main Street, by the Burger Barn.
- Glidden’s Annual Brat Feed at “The Junction” in Clam Lake. For more information visit www.gliddenwi.org.
- Free Bike Maintenance Class “Drivetrain Maintenance” at 9am at Bay City Cycles, 412 W Main St. RSVP by 5pm on Friday as seating may be limited. Sponsored by Bay City Cycles and North Coast Cycling Association. For more information, call 715-682-2091.
- Big Bay State Park’s Annual Sandcastle Day, on Madeline Island. Registration is at 9am. Judging will be at noon. Prizes awarded. For more information, call 715-747-6425.
- Ashland County Fair Idol from 1-6pm. Cash prizes and gift bags. Age groups: Youth: 11-18 years old. Adult: 18 and Up. To sign up, contact Denise Rude at 715-682-2774, leave message or sign up the day of by 12noon.
- Chequamegon Archery Club Fall Festival, 3501 McDonald Rd., Ashland. Raffle games from 2-6pm. Drawings start at 6pm. For more information, contact Jim Habas at 715-682-2090.
- Boogie in the Barn, CAMBA (Cable Area Mountain Bike Association) Gala fundraising event, from 5-10pm at the Sylvandale Barn, at the residence of Matt and Kim Dale on Round Lake School Road near Hayward. For more information, visit https://www.cambatrails.org/events/boogie-in-the-barn-gala/.
- Legendary Waters Resort and Casino Summer Series presents Patio Entertainment, live music by “Elijah Adam Band” from 7-10pm. Live music and cash bar. Limited seating. Bring lawn chair or blanket. For more information call 800-226-8478.
- ABC Raceway Races: Summer Blast- Sponsored by Northern WI Fence& Outlaw Graphics. Raceway located at 2187 Butterworth Road. Regular season races on Saturday night. Hot Laps – 6:15pm. Racing – 7:00pm. Grandstand opens at 5pm. For more information, go to www.abcraceway.com.
- Big Top Chautauqua presents “Nitty Gritty Dirt Band,” at the tent, 32525 Ski Hill Rd., Bayfield, at 7:30pm. For more information, call 715-373-5552, or visit www.bigtop.org
- Herbster Studio Art Tour from 10am-4pm. The 2018 Art Tour is a very special chance to see both nationally and regionally acclaimed weaver, painters, woodcarvers, quilters, jewelers, printmakers, ceramic artists, and fiber artists. Artists will open their galleries and home studios, showcasing a wide diversity of artistic talent. For more information visit http://herbsterstudioarttour.com/
- Anishinaabe Culture Days at the Madeline Island Museum. With Ojibwe artists, musicians, and living history reenactors, this event will feature Ojibwe music, art, demonstrations, and exhibits. For more information call 715-747-2415 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Butternut Pig & Corn Roast. For more information, call 715-769-3680 or visit www.butternutwi.com.
- Chequamegon Food Co-op presents, “Farm Tours-North Route” from 9am-3pm. FREE, but reserve your spot! Registration deadline: August 16. Caravan meets at the Co-op at 9am and leaves by 9:15am. Curious where your food comes from? This is the chance you’ve been waiting for! Join us for this fantastic day of dun getting to know your farmers and taking behind the scenes tours. Specific farms and schedule TBA. For more information, call 715-682-8251.
- Rookery Pub, 20100 County Highway M, Cable, will be hosting “The Blong Boys,” jazzy, bluesy acoustic pop duo, from 2-5pm. For more information, call 715-794-2062 or visit www.rookerypub.com.
- Big Top Chautauqua presents “Big Top Idol,” at the tent, 32525 Ski Hill Rd., Bayfield, at 7:30pm. For more information, call 715-373-5552, or visit www.bigtop.org.
Month Long Activities August
- Vaughn Library Activities. Click the link to see all that wonderful things happening at the Library in August! 715-682-7060.
- Northern Great Lake Visitor Center – The Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center helps people connect with the historic, cultural, and natural resources of the Northern Great Lakes Region through customer-based information, services, and educational programs. “Timeless Lake Superior” Quilt Exhibit displayed until October 15. 715-685-9983.
- Want to go on a paddle tour? Play on the bay with Solstice Outdoor’s weekly paddle tours now through August. Register for the Gateway to Chequamegon Bay kayak tour or the Sea Stack paddleboard tour Tours depart on Friday and Saturday mornings from 9am-1pm. Cost is $60 per person and includes lunch, guide and all the equipment. Call the shop 715-682-3590 to schedule or book online
If you would like to receive the Ashland Chamber Newsletter click here to submit your email address.
« Back to event list