Here is a list of activities that are happening this week in the Chequamegon Bay Area:
- Pre-Celebration Hike: North Country Trail. 9am at Copper Falls State Park. Hike is a mod challenging 8.2 miles with breaks and lunch stop. Hiking along the Bad River Bluff. Bring lunch and wear what you will be comfortable in. RSVP to email@example.com
- Business On Stage with presentation on “It’s all about the Art Biz” featuring three area artist entrepreneurs Karlyn Holman, Steve McHugh and Joel Langholz at 6pm at the Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center, 29270 County Hwy G, Ashland. For more information, visit www.businessonstage.org.
- Bayfield Concerts by the Lake presents Alpha City (Classic & Modern Rock), Memorial Park, 15 Front Street, Bayfield, WI 54814, at 7pm, weather permitting. If it rains, it will relocate to the Madeline Island Ferry Terminal on Washington Avenue, Bayfield. These concerts are free and open to the public. Bring your own lawn chair or blankets. For more information, call 715-779-3335, or visit www.bayfield.org.
- Madeline Island Museum presents “Women of Madeline Island Speaker’s Series” at 7pm. For more information, call 715-747-2415.
- Big Top Chautauqua presents “Superior Songs & Stories of the Big Lake.” 7:30pm at 32525 Ski Hill Rd, Bayfield. www.bigtop.org.
- Big Top Chautauqua presents “Rise Up Singing.” 7:30pm at 32525 Ski Hill Rd, Bayfield. www.bigtop.org.
- Rookery Pub, 20100 County Highway M, Cable, will be hosting Davey J, acoustic blues, rock, and roots from 5-8pm. For more information, call 715-794-2062 or visit www.rookerypub.com.
- Guided Mural Trolley Tours. Times: 10am & 1:30pm. The 8-block Main Street Business District, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is the background for a fascinating tour through Ashland’s history as seen through the eyes of Ashland’s mural artists Kelly Meredith and Susan Prentice Martinsen. Click here to find out more on the Ashland Murals. Pick-up Location: Bay Area Civic Center, 320 4th Ave West. The tour will be approximately 75 minutes long. Folks will be able to get off the Trolley at Stop 3 and 6, all the rest will you will stay on the trolley. Cost: $5.00 per person. Children under 6 are FREE! (Cash only accepted on the Trolley.) Sponsored by Ashland Area Chamber of Commerce and BART.
- Washburn Homecoming and Brownstone Summerfest, 126 W. Bayfield St. Homecoming celebrates everything Washburn! For more information, call 715-373-5017.
- 58th Annual Pioneer Days at the Butternut Community Park, off of Michigan Street in Butternut. For more information, call 715-769-3113, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Point to La Pointe Swim, at the Bayfield Pavilion, 2 E. Front St., Bayfield. The 2.1-mile race begins at 7:20am. For more information or to register, call 715-779-5408, or visit www.point2lapointe.com.
- Penokee Mountain Bike Road Race and Tour, hosted by the Mellen Area Chamber of Commerce. Registration: 7:30 – 9:30am. Race start: 9:30 a.m. Pre-race fee:$ 30.00 Race day: $35.00. Forty-seven miles of scenic highway traversing rolling hills and flat terrain. Awards given: 1st place overall for men and women; 1st-3rd given for age groups in 5-year increments. Treats for all riders at the end of the race. 715-274-2330. www.mellenwi.com.
- 8th Annual North Coast Car Show, at North Coast Coffee Shop, 509 W. Bayfield St., Washburn. Registration from 8am-12pm. Trophy presentation at 3pm. Live music from 10am-2:30pm. For more information and registration, call 715-682-2489, 715-373-2030, or 715-373-5725.
- Jack O’Brien Memorial Charity Golf Tournament at the Chequamegon Bay Golf Course & Ashland Elks Lodge, 3000 Golf Course Rd. Proceeds will benefit Faith in Action and The BRICK. All skill levels welcome! Watch the local media for more details or please contact 715-682-8004 or email email@example.com.
- Solstice Outdoor’s July Women’s Paddle Tour 9am-12pm. Join them for a fun paddleboard tour along the brownstone formations to the sea stack and back.Cost is $30 includes all equipment and basic instruction. To learn more and pre-register at http://solsticeoutdoorstore.com/classes/monthly-womens-paddle-tour
- Big Top Chautauqua presents FREE Family Matinee “Trinity Irish Dance Company.” 1pm at 32525 Ski Hill Rd, Bayfield. www.bigtop.org.
- Free Bike Maintenance Class “Fix a Flat” at 9am at Bay City Cycles, 412 W Main St. RSVP by 5pm on Friday as seating may be limited. Sponsored by Bay City Cycles and North Coast Cycling Association. For more information, call 715-682-2091.
- Live Music by Jorgensen Tag from 6-9pm at Freehands Lakeside, 2521 Lake Shore Dr W. For more information, call 715-685-2583.
- ABC Raceway Races: HOF Night- Zar’s Bar & Banquet Hall and Race to the Cure-NCI. FREE ADMISSION to Main Grandstand. Fun and games Fundraising for the local cancer society ALL NIGHT LONG!! Hot Laps – 6:15pm. Racing – 7:00pm. Grandstand opens at 5pm. Raceway located at 2187 Butterworth Road. For more information, go to www.abcraceway.com or call 715-682-4237.
- Big Top Chautauqua presents “Trinity Irish Dance Company.” 7:30pm at 32525 Ski Hill Rd, Bayfield. www.bigtop.org.
- Madeline Island Museum presents “Ojibwe Artist Residency —April Stone-Dahl” at 7pm. For more information, call 715-747-2415.
Month Long Activities:
- Vaughn Library Activities. Click the link to see all that wonderful things happening at the Library in July!
- Washburn Cultural Center, 1 E. Bayfield St., Washburn, in July, Steven Steinke-Multi Media. For more information, call 715-373-5591.
- Ancestral Women Exhibit at the Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center, 29270 Co Hwy G. Featuring woven portraits of elders from Wisconsin’s 12 tribes. Presentation on July 20 at 6pm. For more information, call 715-685-9983.
- NEW Solstice Outdoors now offers kayak and paddleboard tours on Chequamegon Bay! Join them for guided tour to experience the beauty and history of Lake Superior and Chequamegon Bay. Check out solsticeoutdoorstore.com/paddletours for more info or call to learn more and schedule a tour.
If you would like to receive the Ashland Chamber Newsletter click here to submit your email address.
« Back to event list