Here is a list of activities that are happening this week in the Chequamegon Bay Area:
- Washburn Cultural Center, 1 E. Bayfield St., Washburn, presents CBAC Spring Art Show: Metamorphosis from 10am-3pm. For more information, call 715-373-5591.
- 42nd Annual BMO Harris Bank Art Exhibition, 100 E. Main St., in the Community Room downstairs. During lobby hours, 9am-4pm. For more information, call 715-682-3422.
- Wellness Wednesday at the Chequamegon Food Co-op all day. Free. For more information call 715-682-8251.
- Great Lakes Water Levels and Their Impact on Coastal Communities at the Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center from 6:30-9pm. Why and how Great Lakes water levels fluctuate are often misunderstood. Not coincidentally, many questions around lake levels are often closely related to the lake levels at that time and the impacts they have on coastal communities. Julie Noordyk will talk about the drivers of lake level changes, how lake levels got to where they are today and future projections. Julie will also explore how climate change is impacting the Great Lakes and what this means for water levels. For more information visit www.nglvc.org.
- 3rd Thursday! You know, Thirsty Thursday, Thankful Thursday, Throwback Thursday, and now 3rd THURSDAY!!!!!! Downtown Retail Business will be open until 8pm on the 3rd THURSDAY of every month, with specials. Bargains!! Fun!! An evening of shopping! This month’s theme is “St. Patrick’s Day”! It’s the luck of the Irish to shop downtown to shop local on March 15. Don’e be “Green with Envy”. Enjoy the Savings, Selection and extended shopping hours! For more information call 715-682-2500 or visit www.visitashland.com.
- Gabrielle’s German Cookies and Chocolates is having a “Cookie Tasting” from 5-8pm! Featuring new creations. Also, help decide what cookies should be put into the Christmas selection!! For more information call 715-682-2114.
- Red Bicycle Open House, 707 West Main Street. Stop in and check out spring and Easter items. For more information, call 715-685-4114.
- It’s Greek to Me at the Chequamegon Food Co-op from 5:30-7:30pm. Instructor is Chef Lars Dukowitz with Cooking with Lars. Cost: $20/$15 owner. Cost is per person. Space is limited. Register by: March 13. For more information call 715-682-8251.
- Cherryville Country Store Spring Open House Friday and Saturday 10am-4pm, 27700 Cherryville Rd. For more information call 715-209-6499.
- Raising our Immunity at the Chequamegon Food Co-op from 10am-12noon. Instructor is Lucy Jackson Askue with Angelic Bar Herbals. Cost: $15/$10 owner. Registration required. Cost is per person. Space is limited. Register by March 15. For more information call 715-682-8251.
- Ashland’s Park and Rec Community Play Day from 10am-3pm at the Brettings Community Center. FREE for all. Get rid of those winter-blahs by joining us for a day of indoor fun. Center with boxes, forts, indoor snowball fights, art stations, healthy food/snacks, games, sport demos, and just plain fun. For more information call 715-682-7059.
- Bad River Lodge and Casino presents, ” St. Patrick’s Day Lunch Special” at the Manomin Restaurant from 11am-2pm. Corned Beef, Cabbage and more! Only $11.99 plus tax! For more information call 715-682-7121.
- Last Saturday of the Season at Mt Ashwabay. Open 12-9pm 1/2 day prices. For more information, call 715-779-3227 or visit www.mtashwabay.org.
- 44th Annual Spring Powwow, Chapple Gymnasium at Northland College, 1411 Ellis Ave., Ashland, from 1-9pm. All dancers, drums, and vendors welcome. For more information, call 715-682-1344.
- Sessions from the Martin Hanson Theatre Concert at the Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center from 2-4pm. For more information visit www.nglvc.org.
- Stagecoach Bar and Grill’s 4 year anniversary! John Boy will be offering a 3 course meal of potato leek soup, in house corned beef brisket with roasted cabbage, potatoes & carrots with a guiness custard mousse for dessert. The “Saints of Circumstance” will be playing 4-8pm and the “Whitecaps” will play 9pm-1am. For more information call 715-292-6710.
- Bad River Lodge and Casino presents, “Annual Karaoke Contest Grand Finale”. Registration from 7-8pm. 1st place: $1,500, 2nd place: $1,000, 3rd place: $750. Must be 21 years or older. For more information call 715-682-7121.
- St. Paddy’s Day – Safe & Sober. 7pm-11pm at the Memorial Medical Center Behavioral Health Gym, 1635 Maple Lane, Ashland (Park in the back parking lot). Children are welcome if accompanied by an adult. Community get together to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day without drugs or alcohol! Wear your best Irish getup and you will not only make everyone green with envy, but you could also win a PRIZE. Food, games, prizes and more. Hosted by voices for RecoveryFor more information, call 715-685-5400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Last Sunday of the Season at Mt Ashwabay. Open 12-4pm 1/2 day prices. For more information, call 715-779-3227 or visit www.mtashwabay.org.
- The Annual BMO Harris Bank Artist Reception, 100 E. Main St., 1-2 p.m. in the Community Room. For more information call 715-682-3422.
- Knights of Columbus’ St. Patrick’s Day Bouya & Bingo Party, Immaculate Conception Church, 410 Michigan St., Butternut, at 1pm. Bouya Supper at 4pm. For more information, call 715-769-3644.
Month Long Activities March
- Snowshoeing at the Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center – Check out a pair of snowshoes,at the center, free of charge, Monday-Sunday between the hours of 9am-5pm.
- Vaughn Library Activities. Click the link to see all that wonderful things happening at the Library in March!
If you would like to receive the Ashland Chamber Newsletter click here to submit your email address.
« Back to event list