- Annual No-Snow Snowman Contest in Ashland. No–Snow Snowman can be seen around Ashland this weekend. Look around for some creative designs and then go on Facebook and like your favorite. The one with the most Facebook Likes WINS https://www.facebook.com/Ashland-Area-Chamber-of-Commerce-108971575820223/
- “The Wizard of Oz” performance at the Ashland High School, 1900 Beaser Ave, Ashland. For more information, call 715-682-7089.
- Community Dinner, in the fellowship hall of St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, 620 W. 3rd St., held each Friday from 5:30-7pm. A different area church provides the meal each week. For more information, call 715-682-5067.
- Mt Ashwabay is open for skiing and boarding Friday nights from 4-9pm. Don’t have a season pass? No problem! Lift tickets are $10 for youth grades 6-12 with FREE rentals. A BIG thank you to all the local businesses and individuals that help make this possible for our youth! mtashwabay.org
- Freehand’s Lakeside presents “Yazmin and Beat Zero” at the Blue Wave from 6-9pm. Enjoy a farm-to-table dinner while being entertained. For more information, call 715-209-0362.
- Polka Party on the Bay! Join your friends and neighbors in the big tent at Maslowski beach for an evening of hometown fun on the frozen shores of Lake Superior from 6-9pm! Come hungry, Andy will be serving up award winning Sixth Street Market brats at a steal of a deal. The Stagecoach Bar & Grill will be slinging South Shore Brewery beer and wine for those 21 and older. From 6:30-8pm Kalogerson Music from the Twin Cities will keep your feet moving with live Polka! Free of charge and open to EVERYONE! Parking available on the lake. 715-682-1811 or 715-682-1211.
- After Party at Stagecoach Bar & Grill, 315 East Main Street, with Rough Cut performing from 9pm – 1am. 715-292-6710
- Legendary Waters Resort & Casino, 37600 Red Cliff Campground Rd, Bayfield, presents “Westside” from 9pm-1am. For more information, call 800-226-8478 or visit www.legendarywaters.com.
- The Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center, 29270 Co. Hwy. G., presents “Fly Tying Gathering” from 10am-2pm. For more information, call 715-685-9983, or visit nglvc.org.
- Chequamegon Food Co-op presents “Coffee Roasting: A Course in Appreciation” at Big Water Coffee Roasters, Bayfield, from 10am-12pm. Fee applied. For more information, call 715-682-8251 or visit chequamegonfoodcoop.com.
- The Glidden SnoBears Annual Toilet Seat Races held at Roxy’s, 201 Grant Street, Glidden. Sign-up at 11, races start at 12noon. Soup Chili Cook-off at 1pm. Meat & Bucket Raffle to benefit the club. For rules and regulations or more information, contact Bob at 608-852-7436.
- Book It Kids’ Fun Race, register your kiddos for the Book It Kids’ Race on Lake Superior Saturday morning before Book Across the Bay at Maslowski Beach. Book It is a FREE, fun race open to all kids ages 12 and under. Registration and bib pick up will be in the Book Across the Bay tent at a Solstice Outdoors table on Saturday 11am-12:30pm before the race. The race starts at 12:30pm for ages 8-12 and 1:00pm for ages 8 and under. Every participant will receive a commemorative medal along with hot chocolate and cookies. For more information, visit solsticeoutdoorstore.com or call 715-682-3590.
- Bar Stool Races in Drummond on Brian Miller Hill behind the Black Bear Inn on Hwy. 63, Drummond. Registration is at 11am, race starts at 12pm. For more information, visit drummondwi.com.
- Bad River Lodge & Casino presents “Karaoke Contest”. Registration at 7pm. Contest from 8pm-12am. 1st prize-$1500; 2nd prize-$1000; 3rd prize-$750. Grand Finale is March 18. For more information, call 715-682-7121 or visit badriver.com.
- Bike Across the Bay at 10am, hosted by North Coast Cycling Association. The race will start from the Washburn Shore. Registration will be from 8:30-9:30am at the Harbor View Restaurant (the former Steak Pit), 125 Harbor View Dr, Washburn. For more information, call 715-373-2114 or visit northcoastcycling.com.
- Yazmin will be performing in the Salmagundi gallery, 705 Main Street West, and they will be serving up delicious brunch items for all of their guests. Come for the music and food. Noon to 2pm. Click here to check out Yazmin’s newest single. It’s a perfect ending to your Book Across the Bay weekend and a wonderful start to a new week. Hope to see you there. 715-209-2602.