Christmas Activities: Santa Sightings2018-11-20
Garland City of the North Christmas Parade & Tree Lighting
- The 56th Annual Garland City of the North Christmas Parade, on Historic Main Street, starts at 4:30pm. For more information, call 715-682-2500. Click here for registration form.
- Ashland’s 2nd Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony at 6pm at the Pearson Plaza Park. Take an hour with friends and family and have some cookies, cider or hot chocolate and sing a holiday tune. For more information, call 715-682-7071
Business Specials and Open Houses
- ‘Tis the season for giving. Don’t miss FREE GIFT FRIDAY at Solstice Outdoors and Solstice Main Street. Stores open at 9am. It’s our way of saying thank you for shopping local. For more information, call 715-292-6561 or 715-682-3590.
- Country Blossoms Holiday Open House,64715 Gilles Rd. Wreaths, holiday containers, kissing ball, Christmas decor galore!! Come on out and start the holiday season!! Fridays 6-9 pm; Saturdays 9am -4pm; Sundays 9am-3pm; during the week 9am-4pm. Santa will be at the greenhouse on Sunday, November 25. For more information, call 715-746-2345.
- Small Business Saturday! Go downtown and support the local businesses. For more information call 715-682-2500 or visit www.visitashland.com.
- Shop Solstice Outdoors and Solstice on Main Street on Small Business Saturday and get a free $20 gift card with any $100 purchase.
- Benoit Cheese Haus Christmas Open House. From 5-8pm. In-store savings! Wine and Cheese Sampling. 23920 County Hwy F. Come join the fun with some wine & cheese samples, in-store specials & enter to win. We will be featuring our Christmas gift boxes with a saving of 15% during open house! We will have many to choose from or come build your own. WE SHIP – Bring your addresses & we will do the rest! Cant wait to see you there! For more information, call 715-746-2561.
November 29-December 2:
- Country Blossoms Holiday Open House, 64715 Gilles Rd. Wreaths, holiday containers, kissing ball, Christmas decor galore!! Come on out and start the holiday season!! Fridays 6-9 pm; Saturdays 9am -4pm; Sundays 9am-3pm; during the week 9am-4pm. For more information, call 715-746-2345.
- Ashland retail merchants host “Customer Appreciation Day.” Shop local and get bargains all day throughout Ashland. For more information, call 715-682-2500.
- Christmas Open House at Gabrielle’s German Cookies and Chocolates, 413 W. Main St., from 9am-5pm. For more information, call 715-682-2114.
- Christmas Caroling along Historic Main Street by the Ashland High School Choir Department from 10:30-11:30am. Enjoy the beautiful holiday tunes while shopping local and getting great deals during Customer Appreciation Day! For more information, call 715-682-7089.
- Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center presents, “Spirit of the North Gift Shop Open House” from 5-7pm. Shop at the Spirit of the North Gift Store and take advantage of special deals, refreshments, and find gifts for everyone on your list. We’ll be staying open later this evening for your shopping convenience. For more information, call 715-682-9983 or visit www.nglvc.org.
- McRae True Value, 118 Prentice Avenue, Christmas Tool Show from 8am-6pm. 715-682-9083.
- Christmas Open House, at the Ashland Historical Society Museum, 216 West Main St, from 10am-3pm. Gift Shop specials, refreshments, and much more. For more information, call 715-682-4911.
- Holiday Open House & 5 Year Anniversary Celebration at Ignite Fitness Studio! Join us for free classes all day (pre-registration required). Doors will be open in both locations from 5-7pm for tours, special new student offers, holiday treats, clothing and class sales and more! Staff will be on hand to answer questions and help you get registered for classes and develop a plan for 2019! For more information, call 715-292-0679.
- Partners of MMC will be having a cookie sale from 7:30am-11am in the Twin Islands Room. Accepting cookies for donation until 3pm on December 19th. Drop offs can be made at the Information desk or the Gift Shop. For more information call 715-685-5180.
- Bad River Lodge and Casino presents, “Annual Holiday Craft Fair” 73370 US-2, Ashland, from 9am-3pm. Free admission. Vendors to book a table and for more details call 715-682-7121 ext. 1231.
- Madeline Island Holiday Boutique at the Madeline Island Museum from 10am-4pm. Community members create an enticing variety of homemade and hand-crafted arts and goods for sale at this beloved traditional event held every year at the museum on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. This holiday event features local and regional arts and crafts and a soup lunch to benefit the island school parent/teacher association. What a wonderful way to kick off your holiday season! 888-475-3386, www.madelineisland.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bayfield is striving to keep holiday dollars local during the seventh annual “Shop Local for the Holidays” night at businesses throughout Bayfield from 5-8pm. Participating Bayfield shops and restaurants will be offering exceptional specials and deals to reward customers on a unique shopping night. A portion of the evening’s proceeds will be donated to the Bayfield Area Food Pantry, with matching donation of up to $1,000 by the Bayfield Chamber and Visitor Bureau. For more information, call 715-779-3335 or visit www.bayfield.org.
- Presbyterian-Congregational Church Christmas Bazaar, 210 Vaughn Ave., from 9am-2pm. Baked goods, cookies by the pound, candy table, craft table, and much more. Tea Room from 10am-2pm. Raffle drawings for two prizes, a queen size homemade quilt, or instructions how to fly or a tour of Ashland in a airplane! For more information, call 715-292-3893.
- Holiday Bazaar at the Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center, 29270 Co. Hwy. G, from 10am-2pm. For one day only, the Friends of the Center invite you to a homemade holiday bazaar. You’ll find locally made gifts for everyone on your list. Artisan soaps, decorations for your home, holiday treats and so much more. Fifty vendors will be on site to share their goods. For more information or to sign up to be a vendor, call 715-685-2659, or visit www.nglvc.org
- 4th Annual Butternut Fanatical Fish Christmas Arts & Crafts Sale from 10am-3pm. Located 108 N Main St, downtown Butternut. Hand crafted jewelry, pottery, scarves, Christmas crafts, paintings and more. With wine, hot chocolate, hors d’oeuores and Christmas cookies. Escape the chaos of mall shopping! Come and find tastefully thoughtful Christmas gifts for the special people on your list in a relaxed, cozy setting. For more information, call 715-661-4814.
- Legendary Waters Resort and Casino presents, “Holiday Boutique” from 10am-6pm. Crafts and things and baked goods! For more information, call 800-226-8478 or visit legendarywaters.com.
- 2nd Annual Holiday ‘Bizarre’ with Holiday Movie Themed Fashion Show by Core. Join the Harbor View Event Center for this artisan holiday faire that includes a 4pm “Fashion” Show by Core. Free admission, free refreshments, free fun (and cash bar!). For more information call Harbor View Event Center (715) 209-7279. Located at 130 Harbor View Drive, Washburn or visit www.harborviewevents.com.
- Holiday Dazzle from 4-6pm at the Bargain Hut, 420 Chapple Ave. Come and shop our most popular clothing sale of the year. Holiday party wear, glitter, sparkles, and velour for both children and adults. Christmas dresses, sweaters, sweatshirts and pjs are all saved for this special night in our store! For more information, call 715-682-2776.
- 4th Annual Cookie Walk from 9-11am, at Our Lady of the Lake Social Hall. Cookies sold by the pound. $7 per pound.
- 7th Annual The Magic of Christmas Holiday Craft & Vendor Fair, at the Ashland High School, 1900 Beaser Ave, Ashland, from 9am-2pm. Featuring locally handmade gifts and a variety of other vendors. Bring your own camera for pictures with Santa from 12-1pm, lunch at Reindeer Cafe, bake sale at the North Pole Sweet Shop, cash & prize raffles, and door prizes every hour. For more information, call 715-682-7089.
- Washburn Cultural Center, 1 E. Bayfield St., Washburn, presents “Annual Holiday Boutique”. From 10am -5pm. 715-373-5591.
- Selfies with Santa at Walmart from 12pm-4pm. For more information, call 715-682-9699.
- Meet Mr. & Mrs. Claus at the Washburn City Hall. Come for a snack! All children will receive a Christmas package. The tree will be lit at 5:30pm and Santa will be there from 5:45pm-6:30pm. Donations of canned goods and non-perishable items will be accepted for the Area Food Shelf that night. For more information, call the Washburn Chamber at 715-373-5017
- Greet Santa as he makes his way to Bayfield on the ferry boat from Madeline Island 11:30am-1pm at the Bayfield Lakeside Pavilion. Children will have the opportunity to meet him, share their wish-list and get their photo taken. Please bring your own camera. Snacks and refreshments will be provided. Free and open to the public. For more information, call 715-779-3335.
November 30-December 2:
- The 38th annual performance of the children’s production of “The Nutcracker Suite,” at Ashland High School Commons. For more information, call 715-685-2755 or visit www.acp-nutcracker.com
- 99th Annual Community Christmas Concert, at the Presbyterian-Congregational Church, 210 Vaughn Ave., at 4pm. Free admission. For more information, call 715-209-6784.
- Lake Superior Intermediate Winter Program, LS/LC Charter school-12pm, 3rd grade-12:45pm, 4th grade-1:30pm, and 5th grade-2:15pm; 1101 Binsfield Rd, Ashland. For more information, call 715-682-7083.
- WITC – Ashland Alumni Association “Love Lights,” 2100 Beaser Ave., at 6pm. Honorees will be commemorated during a lighting ceremony. Lights will remain lit through early January. Remember a special person or pet with a “Love Light.” Honor your loved ones – deceased, living or serving in the armed services. Purchase a “Love Light” that will adorn the evergreen tree at WITC’s main entrance. $5 per bulb. For more information, call 715-682-4591, ext. 3113.
- Lake Superior Primary Winter Program, 4k- 12pm, kindergarten-12:45pm, 1st grade-1:30pm, and 2nd grade-2pm; 1101 Binsfield Rd., Ashland. For more information, call 715-682-7083.
- Regional Hospice Services presents Tree of Life Ceremony- Remember Your Loved One, at 6pm, in the Memorial Medical Center-Stockton Island Room. Submit a favorite photo of your loved one to be shown in a special video remembrance montage during the Tree of Life Ceremony. Photographs may be submitted via email to email@example.com. For more information call 715-685-5151 between 8am-4pm.
- Chequamegon Area Choir presents their annual winter concert, “Making Spirits Bright” at Good Shepard Lutheran Church, 311 W 13th St. at 7:30pm. For more information, visit cac-voices.weebly.com.
- White Winter Winery, 68323 Lea St., Iron River, WI, presents “Dickens Christmas Dinner”. A special reading of Charles Dicken’s, A Christmas Carol. Opening Reception at 6pm — Dinner at 6:30pm. Two local actors, Tom Mitchell and Jan Lee breathe life into Charles Dickens classic tale, A Christmas Carol. Guests enjoy a 5 course gourmet dinner paired with White Winter Winery wines and mead. $65.00 single /$110.00 couple. For more information, call 715-372-5656.
- Northland College Holiday Festival at 7:30 in the New Salem Baptist Church. Performing groups are: Northland College Band, Northland College Choir, Chamber Choir, Chequamegon Symphony, The Accidentals, and the Lumberjacks. For more information, visit www.northland.edu.
- Chequamegon Symphony Orchestra presents, “Festival of Music” at 7:30pm. United Presbyterian Congregational Church, 214 Vaughn Ave in Ashland. General Admission- $6, Seniors- $5, Students and children- free. For more information call Linda Calhan at 715-682-0446.
- Chequamegon Area Choir presents their annual winter concert, “Making Spirits Bright” at St. Louis Catholic Church, 217 W 7th St, Washburn at 4pm. For more information, visit cac-voices.weebly.com.
Ashland Middle School Holiday Concert at 7-8pm in the Dodd Gymnasium,
1000 Ellis Ave., Ashland. For more information, 715-682-7087.
- Ashland Chamber Music Society welcomes “Handel’s Messiah Sing Along” at Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Church, at 7:30pm. For more information, call 715-682-5795, or visit www.ashlandchambermusic.org.
- Ashland High School Holiday Concert at 6-9pm in the gymnasium, 1900 Beaser Ave., Ashland. For more information, call 715-682-7089.
- “A Christmas Story – A Pageant” will be presented by Religious Education Students and BAYNET at the church, 201 Lake Shore Dr E., at 6:30pm. The pageant is being put on by youth from grades 1-12. Cookies and milk and BAYNET after party following in the social hall. For more information, call 715-682-7620.
- Marengo Valley School Winter Music Program, 62408 St. Hwy. 112, at 1pm. For more information, call 715-278-3286.
« Back to event list
- Blue Canvas Christmas at 7pm. The name may be blue, but Blue Canvas Christmas is anything and everything! Bring on the holiday season with a musical performance by the Blue Canvas Orchestra. Blue Canvas Christmas features songs of old and new, holiday classics, instrumentals, and an audience sing-a-long. A seasonal musical performance that’s bound to fill your hearts with holiday cheer! Presented at Stage North Theatre, 123 W Omaha St in Washburn. Tickets: $26 for adults. $20 senior. $15 for youth. To get tickets go to bigtop.org or call 715-373-5552.